Here are a few links to things I like, feel are useful and worth checking out:
For lake views:
The Newby Bridge Hotel at the southern end of Lake Windermere with views down the lake and stunning landscaped gardens.
For idyllic countryside:
The Damson Dene Hotel in the beautiful Lyth Valley which is in between Bowness and Kendal, a real hidden gem. Restaurant and bar with private leisure facilities mean you don’t need to leave the grounds.
For town accommodation:
You can’t go wrong with Kendal as a base for exploring northern Lancashire and the Lake District. The Riverside Hotel in Kendal is easy to get to from the M6 either north or south and has a direct rail link to Windermere.
For Value and Walking Breaks:
Rothay Garth B&B in Ambleside for exploring the southern Lake District. Walker friendly, this B&B is the ideal base for doing the Fairfield Horseshoe, Loughrigg Fell, The Struggle and up onto Kirkstone Pass and many more.
For Boutique Bed & Breakfast Accommodation:
Raise View is a luxury B&B in Grasmere Village. A 30 second walk from the village yet a peaceful location and stunning views of Helm Crag to the rear of the property. Luxury double and twin rooms as well as two delightful suites.
Architecture & Attractions:
Anglo Saxon architecture at its very best available to view at, admire and support at the beautiful Barton Church at Pooley Bridge, Ullswater. Art, history, architecture and church lovers will be in for a delight here a well as to be able to enjoy the stunning location.
General Travel Resources:
AlloftheLakeDistrict.co.uk – Lake District Travel
A new website for everything to do with the Lake District when visiting including Lake Distrct hotel, self catering, b&b’s, restaurants and activities.
- mapsculpture.co.uk – Stunning 3D Lake District raised relief maps.
- Stay Lake District Accommodation – www.staylakedistrictaccommodation.co.uk
- Stay Cumbria the Lake District – www.staycumbriathelakedistrict.co.uk
- Visit Lake Windermere – www.visitlakewindermere.co.uk
- Cumbria Food Blog – www.cumbria-food-blog.co.uk
- Green Tourism Blog – www.green-tourism-blog.co.uk
- Dog Friendly Accommodation Blog – www.dog-friendly-accommodation.co.uk
- Lake District and Cumbria blog – www.ruggedcom.co.uk
- Lake District Blog and Event News – www.thecottagecollection.co.uk