Here are a few links to things I like, feel are useful and worth checking out:
For lake views:
The Newby Bridge Hotel at the southern end of Lake Windermere with views down the lake and stunning landscaped gardens.
For idyllic countryside:
The Damson Dene Hotel in the beautiful Lyth Valley which is in between Bowness and Kendal, a real hidden gem. Restaurant and bar with private leisure facilities mean you don’t need to leave the grounds.
Brimstone Hotel is a luxury hotel on the Langdale Estate with state of the art suites to relax and unwind, privacy galore and delicious complimentary treats in “The Reading Room”. New for 2017 the brand new Brimstone Spa, a first of its kind for the Lake District.
Langdale Hotel is a 50 bedrooms hotel on the Langdale Estate which has full leisure facilities, Stove Restaurant & Bar, the Wainwright’s Inn and a setting to rival any in the Lake District.
For town accommodation:
You can’t go wrong with Kendal as a base for exploring northern Lancashire and the Lake District. The Riverside Hotel in Kendal is easy to get to from the M6 either north or south and has a direct rail link to Windermere.
Luxury treats and relaxation:
Book a massage treatment in ultimate relaxation in your Lake District hotel room or self catering cottage by Penny Irvine. Fully qualified for Swedish, Deep Tissue and Aromatherapy massages, book a massage for pure relaxation or for post run or cycle events.
General Travel Resources:
AllOfTheLakeDistrict.co.uk – The brand new and exciting Lake District website showing what an amazing place the newest UNESCO World Heritage Site in the UK is including where to stay, what to do and when to do it.
http://lakedistrictgrandtour.co.uk/ – “A Lake District Grand Tour” website and soon to be published book by Mike Carden, “Pedalling through Lakeland: The Challenge, The History, The Wildlife, The Scones”
- mapsculpture.co.uk – Stunning 3D Lake District raised relief maps.
- Stay Lake District Accommodation – www.staylakedistrictaccommodation.co.uk
- Stay Cumbria the Lake District – www.staycumbriathelakedistrict.co.uk
- Visit Lake Windermere – www.visitlakewindermere.co.uk
- Cumbria Food Blog – www.cumbria-food-blog.co.uk
- Green Tourism Blog – www.green-tourism-blog.co.uk
- Dog Friendly Accommodation Blog – www.dog-friendly-accommodation.co.uk
- Lake District and Cumbria blog – www.ruggedcom.co.uk